keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 17, 2017

good is

For various reasons, I did not have the opportunity to getaway for at least one, week long vacation this year; packing and traveling for my annual pilgrimage to the beach and/or abroad has been missed, leaving me with a healthy vacation envy as many of my friends shared stories about their adventures. This past Friday, I had made plans to escape DC madness, so I packed light, left all work at my home office, and spent half the day at a spa before finding my way to a hotel with a view of some water. 

As I sit now in the comfort of a bed dressed in white linen (the bed not me) propped up on soft fluffy pillows, I can turn my head to the left to watch the gentle flow of the current and I am at peace. In just a few short days, I have met strangers and actively engaged in conversation with them, the introvert in me sitting it out instead of jumping in to move me on to whatever I could do to avoid connecting. I’ve savored the view, taken an unexpected boat ride, eaten some delicious healthy food, walked along the water at sunrise and sunset, taken some “no pressure to be great” pictures, read an inspiring magazine, shopped without buying, received lots of compliments as I moved about (my glow must have been on radiant), and thought about what I want to accomplish in “the next”; I have a major milestone birthday happening in just a couple of weeks so this contemplation weekend, though not planned to be such, came exactly when it was supposed to.

In a few hours, it will be time to go and I will take a different route from the one that brought me here. I always like returning to my place. Reflecting on the weather events of last weekend and earlier this week and month, I will be even more grateful when I step through my door appreciating the simple fact that there is a door to step through. Life is good, so…

keep your peepers open!®

#thenext #lifeisgood #gratitude #peepthis


No comments:

Post a Comment