keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 13, 2020

baby steps

As cities around the country began to lift corona restrictions, I continued to feel uncomfortable about meeting anyone to do anything for an extended period, even masked at a social distance. Since March, the only interactions I had had with people were those at any given market or CVS or with passers-by and neighbors during my AM walks. I deeply missed outings with my friends, interacting with participants at my workshops, one-on-ones with clients and the isolation that comes with living alone hovered, overwhelmed me at the least expected moments. Writing, working on a series of collage images, and getting creative in the kitchen lifted my spirits; my living space descended into a frazzled mess that I embraced. 

Gradually I began to venture out -- a hair appointment early in the morning, the first appointment of the day for a pedicure, a doctors appointment and the dentist (an appointment I had rescheduled a couple of times before my teeth demanded that we resume our routine visits!). Yet, something, perhaps a distrust of the constantly changing and sometimes contradictory information we receive about the virus, was keeping me from accepting invitations from my friends to meet and sit outdoors to share a meal or even just a quick cup of tea.

One day, I couldn’t find a packet of photographs that I knew I had placed on my work table.A few days later, a journal from a project I started three years ago was not where I thought it was. I had had enough! A little bit at a time, I began to organize the mess that had collected and housed a sadness from the many days of being by myself. When a friend called to make a lunch date; I immediately accepted.




Two days before I drove tomeet her at Hillwood Gardens, my favorite place in DC, I tossed the final bag of heavy into the trash, turned and took a few more baby steps into my next. 

Stay safe to keep youand others well and...

keep your peepers open!


ps - I did indeed find the packet of pictures and the journal!


#sunday #sacredsunday #blogpost #blogging #blogger #photographer #photo #photograph #photography#outdoorphotography #ablossomaday #coronavirus #covid19 #pandemic #inspiration #positivity #socialdistancing #wearamask #babysteps






No comments:

Post a Comment