keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

fall

fall ©

at the symposium
the speaker began her talk
something about a quilt
gee’s bend…I’d seen that exhibit.
the message came
just as the speaker began
about gee’s bend about a quilt
made for a loved one by loved ones
for a love no longer here
from his clothing this quilt
from a wife a daughter of gee’s bend.
the text from one j’adore appeared
just as the speaker began
her talk on the peace of piecing pieces of a love
passed on
reading words of more pain another loss
while I heard of a quilt made for a loved one
from cloth that clothed him in gee’s bend.
did my adored one have a quilt
to wrap him in the comfort the speaker spoke of
to absorb the grief warm him?
the speaker said something about
a sad soft spot to fall in to begin grieving
as she talked about that quilt from gee’s bend
an exhibit I’d seen
had I seen that quilt up there on the screen at the exhibit?
just as the speaker began
a message flashed on the silent screen in my hand.

no quilt have I am soft.

fall…










keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment