keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

we iz here

“Spring has sprung, the grass has riz,
wonder where the flowers iz?”

I think that’s how it goes. Don’t remember who I first heard say it or when I heard it for the first time but this itty bitty ditty has been dancing around in my head all the live long day. Maybe it’s because the temperature is in the 60’s for the third day in a row and my body soaked up some warm when I walked for the first time in…well I’m just too embarrassed to tell on myself. Anyway, it’s not spring quite yet. The grass is a hot mess from the weight and melt down saturation of all that snow that beat it down and turned it brown. But no need to wonder, the flowers iz here. Some just buds, others in full regalia, all yelling out for attention against the drabness around them. And they want you to listen, so…
keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment