keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

house keeping

Friday evening was filled with food, fun, flowers and festivity! In addition to having art on display, on display for those who attended the reception was performance art, a nice touch. The weather was perfect, cool no humidity and there was a full moon. Surrounded by friends and others who love the cultural arts, I bathed in the moment; it had been such a long struggle. Seems like every possible obstacle challenged me from the start however, a determination to get my show up despite the who, what, when or why that presented itself fueled me at times when my energy was on low ebb and the body was on no. But none of that mattered on Friday and after a stop at the train station (I had said to the universe earlier in the day that it would be nice if at least one person who I didn’t expect to show actually did…the universe delivered! My good friend came down from Jersey only to be with me for the opening; as I walked out of the restroom she was walking out of the elevator, a lovely surprise.) I headed home anticipating a peaceful rest and a quiet Saturday to do nothing or whatever.

Now sometimes the universe gives us just what we want just the way we ask and then there are those exceptions. I slept late on Saturday morning, the phone taking messages that I read when I finally got up. Most of the text and emails didn’t require my attention but one of them made me pause; I ended up climbing back into bed with magazines and sadness. After a few hours of contemplation, resolution and junk food, I began to flip through the magazines landing on a page in Elle Décor with beautiful Steuben glass objects….and then it started. A thought zinged through my head -- could I create a collage goddess from paper pieces clipped from one magazine starting with that picture of a vase? My adrenalin began to race; it was on! I grabbed scissors, glue and paper on which to place the image then ripped pages and pictures filling up the top of my comforter all the while forming the image in my mind while my hands searched the pages. As I cut out a few things that I thought would be used for hair or a head-piece, she hit me.

My hands assembled what my mind and heart knew was needed but didn’t want to accept or verbalize. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Cleaning House


The universe does bring us what we need and in this case, she eased a sad situation by stimulating my creative spirit. I got so excitedly involved with what I was doing; the day passed, it was time to clear the bed for rest and that I did at peace all night long.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment