keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

shopper's delight

I admire those folks I see on TV that clip coupons, buy the specials, do two for’s and a whole host of other things I cannot recall at this moment that deduct from the total bill until the register rings up zero or a negative number. Now that’s some creative shopping! I actually practiced the art of strategizing to get more for less a few holidays back. Using gift cards and percent off certificates, exchanging items I either had or had no use for and keeping up with the Christmas and New Year’s weekly sales and markdowns, I redressed my table with a new set of dishes, wine and champagne glasses and flatware for eight for a total of $120. I still giggle with delight at my shrewd shopping skills each time I eat or drink from any of those purchases.

I guess I got a tiny bite from the savings bug after that. This past week, I spent time on the Vista Print site creating two sets of 100 custom designed, double sided postcards for $9.99 plus shipping for each order (and got 10 free magnets that had my artwork on them as a bonus with one of those orders). Why spent $50 plus if I only need to shell out 20? At the FedEx office, the 20% coupon I applied to my order of $10 or more saved me few bucks. Even my decision to carry and use a credit card is now predicated on what perks they offer. Recently, the points accumulated on one Visa allowed me to get the cutest grill (Bodum Fyrkat available in black, white or four bright summer colors) for $3.29…now if only the weather would cool down enough to keep me from baking while I cook on it!

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment