keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

treasure hunt

I am enamored with really well made hand crafted sterling silver jewelry. I remember seeing pictures of Frida Kahlo, going to the movie about her so many years ago. Besides the gorgeous artwork, colors and overall lushness of everything, my eyes captured every detail of each piece of adornment she wore particularly a pair of earrings. Stored for life in the jewelry box section of my left brain, during my travels to Texas and New Mexico, I know I secretly hunted for something like them each time I was in either state, though the thought was not a conscious one.

When I landed in San Antonio week before last, I had a few hours to return to La Villita Historic Arts Village, a wonderful respite from the rest of the touristy River Walk, that I had only had an hour to run through when I was in town this past fall. I wanted to get to the galleries, meet and talk with artists and visit Angelita, a store I missed last time...





...I was not disappointed. Unique comfortable chic clothing, beautifully hand stitched leather handbags, and oh yes, two cases of jewelry one filled with fabulous locally designed Mexican silver earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings, some embellished with turquoise and other stones. This was my kind of store and there tucked in a corner a flash of dangle caught my eye…


The possibility of walking out the door with a serious bill was big like things are in Texas there were so many delicious items that aroused the fashionista in me. However, I knew the artistic goddesses had presented me a long buried desired treasure, so I held on to my cash, happily departing with my earrings…ah, okay and a fun linen dress with a ruffle trim.

I’ve often considered taking a class in metal working, I’m that intrigued with manipulating silver, copper, and brass and wonder if I would be able to create masterpieces of wearable art. Stay tuned ‘cause that day might be coming so…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. Silver Gold Bull is a highly reputable precious metals dealer. They will provide you with bargain, up-to-minute rates and guarantee your bullion is delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.

    ReplyDelete