keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

zen zone

Patience is a kind of love. - Pavithra Mehta

I hustled to complete my last errand on a mild February day, ducking down an alley that ran the length of a city block east to west. As I rounded the corner, something tangled in the thorny thicket of winter bare rose bushes sparkled in contrast to its dormant surroundings. I stopped to investigate, transitioned into my other world and immediately forgot what I was rushing to do.

Though there were a few on the vine, only one single slipper shaped pod was beginning to burst open revealing silky white threads that were beautifully dazzling under the warm afternoon sun. The best place to take a picture was from the sidewalk in front of someone's home. I am very respectful of people's property when I’m in the zone, so I did what I do when faced with a capturing an image photog dilemma, walking back and forth in the available space until my eyes were satisfied.


But one take was not enough! Not to be deterred when determined, I lifted the camera over my head in a familiar position where it is difficult yet not impossible to see the lens, aimed and snapped.


With love and patience, nothing is impossible.
        -  Daisaku Ikeda

Add to that the word forgiveness and a gentle reminder not to give up when something or someone matters to you says it all to me…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment