keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

mags in may

In the merry, merry month of May, the magnolia blossoms return to entice me. As their fragrance fills the air, I think of the tree I climbed as a child and the fact that I have photographed them in various cities across the country and in countries around the world. There’s something about both the flowers and the leaves that fascinates me no matter where I go. Several years back, quite by accident I stumbled onto an editing process that brings forth gorgeous artistic, sometimes abstract creations that for some reason does not seem to produce similar results when used on other flower photos…





…their creamy, curvy, sometimes enormous petals delight my eyes and senses bold and beautiful just as they are, no edits needed…



As May closes out, I celebrate the magnificence of the magnolia and wonder if they grow in Morocco, a question I will answer later this year as I travel to the place I’ve always wanted to visit, so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment