keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

bars

Being aware, my gaze will go to what it is called to see. As I continue to work on more fully experiencing sessions with my camera, I was compelled to step back after I stepped over the grate instead of rushing home when the rain began. I stood for several moments, the light drizzle moistening the nape of my neck, contemplating the fate of two yellow delicates between bars below my feet. The blooms were precariously resting like happy people facing each other before taking a leap into love. I shifted my position and saw the bars of a prison; rocks like people broken, then stuck because of bad decisions. Freedom plunging into darkness unless light is sought. I took another step, peered into the abyss beneath metal bars now discolored and saw the unknown that comes with aging. But there is color in the gray, softness to balance the hard and brittle, wisdom in the patinas as we move forward through life. 


The morning showers subsided soon after I stepped away from where I stood. Walking slowly, I thought back to the grate and marveled at how many different scenarios rested between and beneath the bars and wondered what others may have seen when they passed it or if they had even noticed.  

You are changed by experiences if you… 

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment