keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

strokes

Telling “your story” means that the story of others may have to be intertwined in the narrative. You question whether or not you should even include their role in your stories as they unfold, wonder how to get around exposing the behavior of people you love and have forgiven while still speaking your own truth, uncovering how your life was affected by their actions and decisions. 

Older and wiser, I am now a more enlightened woman whose life experiences thus far have allowed for growth in many ways. I recently found myself looking back, reflecting on how easy it was for me to act with dismissiveness towards people who were unaware that they were playing a part in stories that were really not about them, stories that were influenced by others stroking a pen over my pages. Fortunately, my mindfulness practice combined with a passion for journaling and a commitment to self reflection has blessed me with the ability to see things clearly, manage buried incidents and emotions when they surface by writing for my eyes only, and take personal action to rectify situations I feel must be set right, especially when innocents are involved.

You can’t go back and change the way you behaved towards and spoke to people, how you shut them down and out of your life because you didn’t know a more appropriate way to channel a hurt and betrayal they did not cause. What you can do is apologize, make amends, start just where you are, and hope for forgiveness as you forgive yourself and the one who guided your pen. I am grateful I was prepared when I arrived at the fork on my path that invited me to be open to the truth behind all of my stories, thankful I accepted the invitation. I am better for it. You will be too if you…


keep your peepers open!® 

#stories #storytelling #yourstory #inspiration #keepyourpeepersopen

No comments:

Post a Comment