keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

skype me!

I am technology challenged! Sure, I designed one blog and two web sites, taught myself various computer programs over the years, and configured all sorts of other office equipment, but there are other challenges on my frontier that I’ve yet to master; I’m always up for the learning! 

A few weeks ago, I received an email to say that an important meeting would take place via Skype. I went online to set up an account -- bing, bang, done...or so I thought. Prior to the meeting, a friend suggested we Skype to discuss business and MZ. I’M NOW A SKYPER was game! Got my look together, sat down, logged in and when the call came, I clicked the camera. No picture appeared as the incoming call sound kept sounding off. I clicked the phone. More ringing. Clicked I’m not sure what and as the ringing stopped a message popped up about a plug in. WTexpletive!? I attempted to download the plug in…nothing. “Skype me!”, I cussed. After a few more unsuccessful attempts to move off the message screen, my friend called my cell to guide me through whatever I needed to do; by the time we hung up, both of us were exasperated and nothing was resolved. I took a deep breath (or 50) and just got quiet. 
When I get still allowing breaths to replace anxiousness with calm oxygen, I’m able to focus and figure things out. Turns out, I either missed or was not prompted to do the download when I originally set up my account. I maneuvered around and landed on the screen with an active download button that once clicked worked like a charm. Oy f’n vey was all I could say! 

So Skype me and…


keep your peepers open!®

#skype #keepyourpeepersopen

No comments:

Post a Comment