keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

eat this

Though I love going out to breakfast, I have to say that it has never been my favorite meal of the day, out and about or not. 

I used to love a bowl of oatmeal all tricked out with raisins or bananas, pecans, cinnamon, a little honey until oats turned on me; cold cereal is truly a thing of the past. I can’t stomach eggs unless they’re in a quiche and though I make some yummy ones, who besides a restaurant is serving that up on the regular. For a hot moment, I was making a yam and banana breakfast pudding until that orange concoction began to feel like I was eating baby food. 

Speaking of orange, I recently began to crave a crunch in the morning, something my green smoothies were not able to satisfy. One morning, I found myself spreading almond butter on a whole grain WASA crisp bread; not bad but, it was missing something. I sprinkled just a dash of pink salt over the top and damn if it didn’t remind me of those orange peanut butter crackers, you know the ones, only mine were brown and open faced. 
A freshly baked authentic croissant, seasonal melons and berries, and a glass of champagne is THE breakfast of choice for this girl. Unfortunately, having all that on the daily is not advised as one glass of the bubbly is never enough. Plus, I’ve yet to find a place that bakes really good croissants so for the moment, I’ll be breaking the fast of sleep with a quick, easy and light breakfast of brown with maybe a little orange juice.

Serving up a taste of lightheartedness this Sunday morning and as you figure out what’s for breakfast (if you got up in time for it)…


keep your peepers open!®

#keepyourpeepersopen #breakfast #breakfastanyone #ilovealmondbutter #healthyeating #eat this

No comments:

Post a Comment