keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

top hat

As predicted, an arctic air swooped down into DC this past week forcing me to finally turn on the heat and officially transition my morning walk fashion choices. I gladly switched from head wraps to hats, scarves around my head to scarves around my neck, and sweat shirts to sweaters & silk underwear…anything to keep my teeth from chattering. 

Winter is just not my favorite season! I miss the lush palettes of blossoming flowers along with their gorgeous fragrances that line my paths. The disappearance of abundant greenery in foliage and grass no matter which route I take is way too noticeable. However, I appreciate the fact that Mother Nature has to prepare, so I shift my focus to take in what’s on view right now as I anxiously await her spring collection. 

That said, there are some moments of this season that I love -- the first fall of snow against my cheeks, catching glimpses of red birds on bare brown icy branches, the sparkle of a night moon on undisturbed fields of snow, the smell of fresh cut Christmas trees waiting to go home to be adorned.

I have to admit that the colder air felt good against my face as I stepped out yesterday, probably because the sun sealed in some welcome warmth (thank goodness!). So here's to the changing of seasons wherever you are and if it's gettin' chilly in your neck of the woods, bundle up and…

keep your peepers open!®


#sundayvibe #wearewomenwriting #blogher #womenwriting #blogpost #blogging #blogger #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis #winter #photographer #photography #sacredsunday #babyitscoldoutside #enWRAPtured #headwrapstohats

No comments:

Post a Comment