keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, November 5, 2017

traveler

Though we had an extra hour to sleep, I’m still trying to figure out whether or not I took advantage of it. I recall waking up around 2:00am thinking that it was the bewitching hour when the clock rolls back and how cool it was for me to be conscious for a little time traveling. As I sit here writing, I realize I set my clocks before I went to bed, so time jumped back as I slept. The next hour I awakened was around 6:00am which lately is about right for me so again, did I get in that 60 minute bonus snooze or not? Actually, it really doesn’t matter all that much as I feel quite rested on this very drizzly Sunday morning. My window is cracked; the cool autumn crisp is blowing the smell of rain into the room inviting me to light some candles, make a cup of tea and grab the magazines next to my bed. 
No matter what time the hands on the clock point to, I do love the quiet time that a rainy Sunday offers and lately, when they’ve been presented, I’ve been so busy doing other things, that I’ve not taken advantage of the gift. Right now, I think I’ll shut down the electronics, turn off the phones, snuggle in, and read to the background sounds of water playing on the sidewalk. This afternoon, I’ll heat up some of that made from scratch chicken broth that is still aromatizing my home, throw in some vegetables, put on my favorite black cashmere sweater, take a bowl of soup out onto the balcony, settle into my bright yellow chair, watch the raindrops play on the drive, and find that extra hour. 

You can find yours too if you…

keep your peepers open!®

ps to myself - hey girl, you have some plans to cancel before you retreat into the quiet zone on this, your sacred sunday...on it!


#sundayvibe #wearewomenwriting #blogher17 #womenwriting #blogpost #blogging #blogger #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis #daylightsavings #autumn #photographer #photography #quietzone #sacredsunday #mindfulness



No comments:

Post a Comment