keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 11, 2018

sunday scenes

I was feeling a little blue, so I threw on a sweatshirt, leggings, sneakers, earrings, sunglasses, and a florescent pink knit hat, slapped on sunscreen and lip gloss and headed out with my camera. In search of spring, I found myself stopping to contemplate several neighborhood scenes and objects that caught my eye. I would get very still, quietly studying what was before me, not allowing myself to be distracted by people’s voices as they passed by, trained their dogs, or worked planting shrubbery. Later, while uploading and editing, I took into consideration how each image felt to me when I was standing in front of it along with how I viewed the actual captured photograph.








I relished the long leisurely stroll through my neighborhood, the cool air and warm sun keeping my body at a pleasant temperature. I was surprised to bump into an acquaintance from Howard U who, though living close by, has never crossed my path on the street, in the Safeway, CVS or a restaurant before; it was such a lift to get an unexpected (and much needed) hug. 

In search of spring, I got much more than anticipated when I first stepped outside my door including signs that warmer weather is just around the corner, 




so…

keep your peepers open!®



#sunday #sacredsunday #wearewomenwriting #blogher18 #womenwriting #blogpost #blogging #blogger #blogalicious #inthemoment #inspiration #motivation #wellness #mindfulness #solitude #photographer #photography #outdoorphotography #insearchofspring #HU #Uknow #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis #SWDC #igdc #aCreativeDC #walkinginstyle #outandabout

No comments:

Post a Comment