keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 4, 2018

sunday memory

When traveling with others, one has to find moments of solitude. Getting up before the rest of the world is awake is something I do when I’m at home, so no matter where I go, I keep to my routine. On the morning I snapped this photo in Sorrento, it had rained hard during the night, claps of thunder awakening me, the lightning strikes more electric than in the States as both rolled across the night water; eventually the storm lulled me back to sleep. I awoke just as the sun was trying to make its way through the fog, went out onto the balcony. A cool wet tickled my feet, blue fully opened my eyes. There was a freshness in the air foreign to my American in Italy nose and as it blanketed me with a cloak of dawn, I stood and gazed over the neighboring uninhabited balconies, thankful that no one was stirring just yet. In the distance the mountains continued to rest as the first ferry of the day was already in motion, though there was not a sound to be heard. It’s these moments in the morning as I travel that bring me back to center, allow a stillness to enfold before the exhilaration of what’s on tap for today begins, so be sure to go places and when you do… 

keep your peepers open!®


#sunday #sacredsunday #wearewomenwriting #blogher18 #womenwriting #blogpost #blogging #blogger #blogalicious #inthemoment #inspiration #motivation #wellness #mindfulness #solitude #photographer #photography #sorrento #travel #artist #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis

No comments:

Post a Comment