keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 3, 2019

mindful hearts

Creating collage hearts is not new to me, however after making (and selling) one this past Valentine’s Day, I’ve continued to see clothing patterns in catalogs that, though not paired together on the pages, work harmoniously with one another. With a childlike giddiness, I tear out pictures that eventually form an entirely new pattern, littering my white comforter with colorful papers that await scissors and glue.

Though smaller than my usual collages, these recent hearts have held me in mindful meditations that last for hours each time I’m guided to make another. The developing patterns are intricate, the journey introspective as I thoughtfully contemplate not only where each cut piece should be positioned but also a stillness I’ve been experiencing on so many levels after a health scare that, interestingly enough, didn’t even involve that organ. These paper hearts seem to have arrived as a balm for my mind, body, soul and spirit and I embrace the soothe.

…though I sense they have more to tell me so…

keep your peepers open!





#sunday #sacredsunday #blogpost #blogging #blogger #IWWG #wearewomenwriting #collageart #abstractart #abstractphotography #outsiderartist #selftaughtartist #keepyourpeepersopen #collage #collageheart #balm #meditation #mindfulness #messages 

No comments:

Post a Comment