keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 23, 2020

woo hoo moments

I took a photograph of a daffodil one morning while on a walk. I certainly didn’t know then that it would now be part of a permanent installation at the Short Term Family Housing site in Ward 6 here in Washington, DC; last August, ten of my other photographs were installed at the Ward 5 location. 

As an artist who had the pleasure of selecting and installing artwork at Children’s National Medical Center when I was Director of Creative & Therapeutic Arts there, I know that art on the walls brings warmth to and makes a huge difference in how a place feels and looks. As a native Washingtonian who actually resides in Ward 6, I'm so proud that my work was selected to grace the walls at both sites.

This past Friday, I was invited to and attended the Mayor’s ribbon cutting press conference, a woo hoo moment for this girl that allowed me to meet new people (some from my neighborhood) and talk about my work. Many thanks to those who told me how much they liked the daffodil; the intention of my floral photographs is to give those who view them a pleasurable experience much like what I feel when I'm about to capture the image so…

keep your peepers open!


#sunday #sacredsunday #blogpost #blogging #blogger #photographer #photo #photograph #photography#daffodil #flower #outdoorphotography #inspiration #dcdgs #woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment