keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 15, 2020

viewing the pandemic

During this time of living through a global pandemic, let’s not only take time to help each other, let’s also take time for ourselves. 

Rather than panic, I’ve chosen to take a look at what message this health crisis has for me as an individual; as an artist and writer I’ve decided to sit down in my “studio”, a.k.a., my table, to create whatever chooses to come to me in words or in hand cut paper collage form. I’m staying aware of what’s happening and when I begin to feel worried or overwhelmed by the constant information flow coming from so many sources, I go for a walk, pick up a book or turn on a movie. Yesterday, I put on the oldies and danced as I gave my abode an early spring cleaning then kicked back with a bourbon cocktail!

Does the pandemic alarm me? Does the fact that people are dying bring me sadness? Do I have parents in their 80’s? Have I as an entrepreneur lost work, experienced and had to make cancellations to both my business and social calendars? Has my financial portfolio taken a beating? Do I think about what pieces I may have to or may never be able to pick up on the other side of this crisis? The answer is yes to each question and with that answer is an understanding that I have no control over the duration of this moment in time. Like everyone else around the globe, I have to wait it out; unlike those who have chosen to not take this seriously, feel that they can’t get the virus, and have put themselves and others at risk rather than taking safety precautions, I am listening, assessing, weighing what I hear and from whom, then making safe not selfish, thoughtless or panic driven decisions. And let me take a second to acknowledge that I don’t have parents in nursing homes or children to make concessions for with the school closings; I do think of the families who have to manage through either situation and on a daily basis, wish them all the ease that can come their way.

Eventually, the cases of those coming down with Covid19 will begin to drop, the shelves in the supermarkets will once again be full, and the despicable price gouging practices we’ve seen online will cease. Unfortunately nobody knows what day that will be. Until then, we are in this together. Let’s stay informed, look out for one another, make responsible choices, remain as calm as possible, and find some positive, constructive ways to channel our energy, frustrations and boredom. Who knows...perhaps you or one of your children if you have any will discover a hidden talent! And if you can safely support local business establishments who are open, do so.

Be safe, be well, take good care and...

keep your peepers open!

PS...just thought of something -- go online and take the Census at www.2020census.gov.


#sunday #sacredsunday #blogpost #blogging #blogger #photographer #photo #photograph #photography #inspiration #covid19 #stopthespread #pandemic #2020census

No comments:

Post a Comment