keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

balancing act

Balance is something I feel like I struggle with even though I am a Libra. The word balance has a variety of meanings in both its noun and verb forms, for example -- Steady state on a narrow base (noun)…well I am able to keep my feet firmly planted or more importantly get back on them, even after seriously being knocked off of them. Bring elements into harmony (verb)…really good at arranging different things so that they form a well proportioned whole witness my collage work and other creative things I do. Emotional stability (noun)…okay who on this earth is in their right mind every darn day of the week damn it so... moving on. Remainder, like what’s in your bank account (noun)…thankfully, and this was not always the case in my past adult life, there is something left after I settle the bills. Place in a precarious position (verb)…have found myself here of my own doing and on occasion not; assess something (verb)…but upon a careful look at the pros and cons usually end up making the best choice as long as I have all the information needed to make an informed decision…and if my heart is not involved. Which brings me to hold the balance meaning one has the power to determine which way something will go and really it doesn’t have to be so difficult if folks worked towards striking a balance, you know…compromise. It keeps things from being left hanging in the balance.


Now that I’ve taken this short moment to assess it, it is the Zen of balance, that harmony (noun) of the mind, soul, body and spirit that I seek to bring myself back to on a daily basis and as of this moment I will let go of the struggle and just let it be, for it will be so. As for tipping the scale, one could argue that being off balance every now and again is just life but in my case, I’m beginning to believe it may be worthy of writing a book about and perhaps one day I shall…just not today so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment