keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

splendor in the pink

For some reason unknown to me, the closer we move to spring, the farther my color palette moves across the spectrum from black. As a child, everything from my toothbrush to my clothing to my lunch box had to be the color of a cherry blossom. I have no explanation for my resurging penchant for the pink family of hues and shades but perhaps it’s the girl in me exercising her will once again and she sure has been noisy! I bought a coral-colored jacket, dug both my salmon leather and fuchsia silk slides from the back of the closet, searched for and found a rose quartz beaded necklace I designed several years ago and put back into rotation a gloss that I bought on a fluke last April. It or maybe she demanded some complimentary friends; I spent a leisure hour in the make up department trying on all sorts of things this past Saturday. So just call me a baby doll dame; the creative names for lipsticks, glosses, blush and other cosmetics really can allow you to make up a new persona for yourself as you make over your face. And wanna hear something bazaar? I also selected a tube of lustre for my lips that seemed like a warning for things to come in the department of love. But who listens to their lipstick for heavens sake. Maybe as I wavered between it and another then had to go to a whole other store because the one I was in didn’t have it should have told me a little something. Lovelorn…a pretty in pink color purchased with the intent to provoke mad smooch sessions shall now serve as a reminder that spring means new beginnings. I will smooth its creaminess over my lips as I slather myself with velvety Sugar Lychee body lotion that I buy every year when the wind turns warm and know that something good is blowing.

Me thinks that my desire to drape in pinks was the baby girl in me ensuring that when the storm ceased this dame would be dolled up and ready for next because I can’t help but feel happy when I gaze at my raspberry beret adjusted just so, shiny magenta toes that glimmer like candy wrapped in cellophane, watermelon baubles, bangles and beads and know that a fresh spring fling waits around the corner. Splendid pink never fails to make me happy and also happens to be the color of romance so I dare you to…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment