keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

luscious delights

I am preparing to hang an exhibition of my collage art and photographs entitled “lush!” When I think of that word and the work I selected for the show, many adjectives come to mind; rich, voluptuous, juicy, bountiful, vibrant are just a few. The walls of the Cullen Room at Busboys & Poets at 5th & K NW will be adorned for the next three months with over 36 goddesses and flowers that bring those adjectives to life, but there are other subjects that tempt me with those same words. Check out the sumptuous earthy delights found at the farmer’s market…
















My mouth watered as I walked beneath the white canvas tents, a cool breeze mingling among them. So captivated was I by the lusciousness surrounding me, I barely noticed the rising heat as my camera gorged itself not knowing what to snap next; we left satiated.

Put on your sun hat and treat yourself to a lavish feast for the tummy and eyes at your local outdoor market if you…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. LOVE! you know I love a good farmers market... those squash blossoms look delectable! yum!

    ReplyDelete