keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

benvenuti!

Though I could not speak the language, I moved about easily at each location we visited in Italy. I roamed with and without purpose, explored and was intrigued whenever I came upon a place that seemed to welcome a photo but left me wondering what was behind what I took. Take these doorknobs. As my hand traveled over each one, I was tempted to turn or pull them, find out who lived there… 


  
 

  
…my favorite was from the Roberto Cavalli shop (which fortunately or unfortunately depending upon how I look at it, was closed the day I came under the spell of this huge prism and took one perfect shot) that has now come to symbolize endless possibilities due to its resemblance to a huge sparkling crystal ball of color.


Because so many places I visited in Italy were in the hills, there were countless entranceways and alleys with staircases and paths leading to I wondered where. I was drawn to the curve of an arch, began to become a little obsessed with trying to capture the shadows and finally started to formulate my own stories about what was beyond the gate, up the steps, or behind the door...




















…so it only seemed fitting that when I was fortunate enough to find an artist in his shop, I was drawn to a bin with several of his pastels similar to the pictures I had taken…I finally uncovered the one that each time I look at it, takes me back… 



 ...until the next time…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment