keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

no humbug here!

Like a warm blanket, the programs I enjoyed as a child have returned this season to wrap me in comfort as I plop down on my couch exhausted. I get so delighted when I stumble onto cartoons like the Grinch and Frosty the Snowman or a movie like The Wizard Oz after a day so full from beginning to end that it feels like I packed 48 hours into 24. Finding the familiar makes me forget how beat I am as I sing along with those old songs, the words ingrained in my head and heart. I probably know every line of It's a Wonderful Life, still remember the first time I saw it; I have never liked the fact that one network took it hostage years ago showing it once, no more than twice during the holiday season. Bah, humbug! But when they do there I am, a buffalo gal waiting for the moon to come out so she can dance…is it really one week until Christmas?


keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment