keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

peace on earth

For several days now, I have had the urge to paint a watercolor Christmas tree in my journal just for the fun of it. Each and every time the thought crossed my mind, something kept me from breaking out my Crayola paint set of 16 colors to create my own little holiday vision. I’m really feelin’ the season but can't believe the layers of interruptions, distractions and demands that are trying to zap my jingle!!!  By yesterday, I felt completely buried; it was time to exhume both the box and myself. Thirty minutes of countless brush strokes later, I was standing on top of that pile of stress singing “Oh Christmas tree” and feeling very much like Charlie Brown lovin’ mine regardless of how it might look just because it brought me joy (and breathed the breath of the season back into my spirit right when I needed it!).



So if you feel as if you’re under stress rather than the mistletoe, take a moment to unearth yourself, find a little bit of peace and...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment