keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

perfect day

journal entry: may 29, 2012…

Woke for the first time at 5:15am, noticed dawn peeking around the edges of the shutters. Shut off the air conditioner and TV (fell asleep with it on as usual), opened the door to let morning come in with her cooing doves, birds speaking through song, and cool to blanket my body. Fluffed up the pillows, slipped back into bed, dozed until 7:00. Did the AM stretches (those cobblestone streets are hard on the hip!), got up and stepped out to a foggy morning...



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pulled on lightweight sweater, leggings, sneakers, baseball cap, earrings and walked to beach….


...nothing like clean fresh air and the feel of sand in your sneakers...despite the fog, lots of photos...







...gathered shells from the bountiful selection -- there were thousands of them for as far as the eye could see…



...and yippee, the sun broke! Continued taking pix...





...got back to the B&B just in time for breakfast on the terrace, which was simple yet pleasing to both the eye and famished taste buds...






Changed not a stitch as I proceeded into town to collect the decided upon treasures spotted on my "stop in/walk thru perusals" the day prior; visited a few antique shops and several galleries...






...spent an hour or so absorbed in the eclectic collection at the Graficas gallery, grabbed an iced decaf, headed back to B&B...


 Off with sneakers to let my feet finally enjoy being bare, donned a white linen top, tied my hair in a scarf and oh my new earrings are gorgeous! Staked out a comfy spot on the front porch, began to devour a book as sweet aromas wafted around letting me know when it was time to take a break for warm gooey choc chip cookies...back to my spot until it was time to go into town for a very light and quick supper.



A little more reading on the veranda when I returned before I retired to my room (love my room), ran a bath in the claw-footed tub (the only one in this B&B), lit the candles…


…after a long soak climbed under freshly laundered sheets, hooked up my I Phone to listen to my Billie Holiday Pandora station, read until my eyelids refused to turn another page leaving me just 47 more for tomorrow…


...grateful for such a lovely respite (and that bit of a rainbow I caught at dusk just before I closed the door for the evening) and heard the long slow whine of the last ferry of the day bidding farewell to the island…



Postcards from Nantucket on Wednesday, until then...

keep your peepers open!®













No comments:

Post a Comment