keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

summer breeze

The heat spell has broken! Long live the breeze!

As the returning breeze of summer passes over my cheeks, I close my eyes to welcome the soothing kiss of a friend I so missed. Open them to watch several leaves waving at one another in celebration -- the choreographer who orchestrates the dance is back!



Sit myself down in the dirt, white linen top forgotten, to be close to their largeness wishing I could crawl into their world and join in.


They whisper around my face until I understand their invitation, accepted by closing my eyes once again. And then I’m there, reclining in the soft green cradle of a hammock, gently rocked by the lazy summer breeze...


keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment