keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

summer schooled

Last weekend, I attended a mindfulness session at the Kripalu Center in the Berkshires; being there, not just for the facilitated class but also for the unexpected ones taught during my time spent communing with nature was life changing. I never noticed that my camera makes a sound just as it takes the picture, something learned in stillness along the road, in the forest on a foggy morning. Didn’t know that if I resisted the urge to shift when a pain surfaces, that if I “surf” through it, it will subside on its own, a lesson understood as I held myself in long seated meditations without fidgeting. Food, color, textures, sounds became more dynamic than ever as I physically felt myself slow way down, aware of the tiniest things, and got more in touch with all and me. A weekend well spent and captured, rather than narrate this time, please take your own walk and enjoy the scenery.

Saturday started as a gray morning and brightened into a brilliant blueness…

























 
 

Sunday began with muted purples, blues and pinks before the sun finally rose over the hills bringing everything into sharp focus…













Schooled in ways that I never expected, when it was time to go, the woman leaving was not the same as the one who arrived. A renewed sense of purpose, I’m on my mission, so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment