keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

turning three

Exactly 3 years ago today, I launched this blog. So much has happened since the first afternoon when I sat down to create a place for me to share all sorts of things with people I know and a multitude more that I may never meet. Birthdays are a time for reflection and a couple of days ago, I sent the following to the women I know and now I’m including females (and males) everywhere:

Ladies - It is that time when the body, top to bottom is changing and right before me, all of us, in the mirror is the evidence. Attached is a photograph. I got a little emotional when I saw the lines on each petal as I was editing, they were so strikingly soft and delicate reminding me that I just need to STOP worrying about yes that little line above my lip :)

I wrote a little something to go with the picture and am sending to the women I know regardless of age to say -- no matter what birthday is next, how long you've been experiencing your own private summers, or the number of lines, wrinkles, and spots; the protrusion of the belly, degree of stiffness after sitting too long, and all the many other changes that come as we grow better with time, we remain marvelous, miraculous, luscious and just gorgeous. So take that mirror, mirror!!!

                           
afternoon musings©

hey there mirror, mirror
is that a little wrinkle just above my lip?
creeping from left tooooo...
or maybe right tooooo, ummmm...
okay, whatever across my forehead?
and then came rose
orange red like the shade that suits me best
like I like my lipstick.
lined with fuchsia
it's not quite my style but
it sure does look good on her!
shocking her garden companions
her confidence radiates sheer loveliness,
GO BOLD OR DON’T UNFOLD she shouts
and so she does until…
are those little wrinkles on each petal?

soft unapologetic delicate lines
she stands in wait
no apprehensions.
gorgeous.

I accept…graciously.

As we all grow and age into hopefully our best selves, be aware of all that is happening, take note of all that surrounds you and…


keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment