keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

(k)not knowing

scribes from my journal while attending mind body medicine training…


I have arrived at a place where there are others who have arrived at place of uncertainty, where the way to go, what to do is not at all clear. I wonder about settling in amongst a room of strangers discovering that a common theme as we tell our backstories is not knowing and then release the thought knowing I am where I need to be.  There is a comfort knowing that not knowing isn’t gender, race or age specific, that it is not at all impressed by titles and/or the number/type of degrees obtained and that it isn’t just a topic of discussion with my friends. Perhaps being here, away from the familiar will set the path…


Somewhere in my sleep state, a line from a song by Paul McCartney drifts into a waking thought…maybe I’m a man, maybe I’m a lonely man whose in the middle of something that he doesn’t really understand...or at least I think that’s how it goes. I know this is connected to this not knowing thing, to the crayon drawings, to feeling as if I’m standing by myself, trying to connect all the dots to make a picture that gives me an answer…


Thank goodness for the masseuse, he too is knot knowing, kneading, stroking my body until it relented under his hands, relaxing me into sublime submission preparing me for the work ahead where I must also let go in order to find the way...


keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment