keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

raw

As I approach a year since I received my diagnosis of osteoarthritis, I have to admit that it has been difficult at times to stick close to the “eating to avoid inflammation” reservation. Honestly, I was so far away at times that I couldn’t even see the gate! Changing behavior takes a minute and while I have wandered off, I have also managed to keep my eye focused in the direction of right rather than wrong when it comes to selecting healthier options. A recent discovery of cold pressed enticing fruit, vegetable, nut and spice concoctions by a company called Blue Print Juice led to developing my own raw thirst quencher (note: found them at Whole Foods, seriously tasty, rather pricey, short shelf life).


Easy Raw Smoothie

- Half a bottle of my particular favorite, Gold Pineapple Apple Mint
- 2 small bananas (slice and put in freezer until really cold not frozen)
- 3 frozen watermelon chunks (I bought so many containers of this fruit that I had to freeze one and those little red cubes have come in handy as a replacement for ice cubes in smoothies and other beverages)

Blend at smoothie speed until thick and creamy. Use more juice if needed.

I don’t know that I will ever stick to consuming only raw foods because fried chicken is just my absolute favorite food ever especially cold for breakfast! That said I have found that I do enjoy eating and drinking a few uncooked meals each week...my joints thank me.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment