keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

the right direction

new doors are opening for me and so it shall be…

We all go through periods in time when unexpected challenges seem to lurk around every corner coming so fast that suddenly, we’re unable to effectively dodge them. The next thing we know, we’re overwhelmed with emotion and want to throw a temper tantrum, throw something, cry, just run away or maybe do something a little more drastic…but hopefully our sensible self steps in to catch us. The above affirmation is just one of many I developed and repeat for myself that helps me navigate these turbulent sections of my life journey; I seem to be caught in a whirlwind right now.

However, bright constellations exist in many forms, keeping a light in the door so to speak that I can see even if it’s far away -- quiet moments that I give myself daily, sipping a cup of a new kind of tea, being creative, soothing music, soaking by candlelight, enjoying conversations with people whose words I value and reading books that bolster my spirit, jog my brain, ground me so I remember...it all works out for me.

My best friend gave me a book with a selection of inspirational messages…


I bought a book that combines my love of fabulously photographed flowers with a daily birthday fortune passage (love birthdays, like 365 readings)…


And finally, there is a book that will never lose its meaning no matter how many times or when I pick it up that really does direct me back to center…


I learned long ago not to attempt to outrun whatever is waiting on the path that we may not like so much, however we do have choices. Walk with it, walk through it or, what the heck, just let it walk over you as long as you get up and through it all…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment