keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

just for me

I bought a gift yesterday. Buried in a sea of books, cards, and other items on one of many tables of things for sale at the expressive arts therapy institute, it was there waiting for me. As soon as I spotted it, I picked it up, clutched it to my heart, and held it there. No need to open to a page, no decision about whether to purchase…this was meant for me.


I love Rumi, have wanted a book of his work and until that moment, had not found one that resonated with me. Something about this collection captured my attention with such gentle knowing that I found it unnecessary to peek inside…it was meant for me. Closing my eyes, I sat with Rumi’s Little Book of Life, ran my hands over the cover, sniffed the newness of cream-colored rag paper, let its energy pass into me before randomly opening to page 66.

Only in the vast haven of the heart
filled with fresh springs
with rose garden within rose gardens
can ecstasy be found.

I could talk about what this means to me, dissect each line deeply or skim ever so lightly over the surface of words but I won’t except to say this book is ecstasy found resting under my fingers, vibrating in the palms of my hands, flowing upwards to my heart talking to my soul. I will take my sweet time tasting such delectable writings that indeed are meant to be savored slowly.

Just set the intention and let life do the rest. All will unfold as it is meant to for you, so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment