keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

watching time

For one of my classes, we were to bring something that has a special meaning, put it in a brown paper bag and place it in the sacred space in the center of our circle. The directive was to pick up one of the bags (not our own), examine the object inside it then write what came up. This is what I wrote…

I closed my eyes before I opened the bag, a jittery, excited energy made my hands shake as whatever was within rested against the paper barrier. If I opened my eyes, the jittering stopped so I closed them again, open and close, stop start. Open. When I peered down into the bag with curiosity and saw what rested in the flat space of the container, tears sprang up. Who has Grandpa’s watch? Of course I knew it was not mine but right now it is Grandpa’s watch. I was delighted as I gently lifted it to light and clasped it to my
heart. Old, no longer ticking just like Grandpa’s watch here in my hand is its relative from beyond. Warm and rich, old and wise and knowing it rests at 8:25, knowing its face worn and shifted I had to really look to tell the time…but who cares about time. Upon inspection, the second hand just before noon or midnight metal patina and worn like I like things. Old and wise and knowing, pieces missing, still beautiful with time, oh so meaningful and the wisdom of time, how I appreciate the wisdom that comes with time in a desk drawer in a family home, quiet in the library past time in this time. gold…I dared not put it on but held the band of love in my hands protection(ing) me.

time stops for some, our lives go on.

An exercise in reading energy, the person whose sacred piece I held was a woman whose energy beamed across the room when she walked through the door the week before; she ended up sitting next to me that day. As it turned out, her watch belonged to her Grandpa; I felt the energy of my Grandfather’s watch, though safe at home, surge through me, something I chose to hold inside as a sacred gift from two timepieces that now connected time past to two granddaughters present.


keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment