keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

holiday wander

In the midst of rockin' waters, I find consolation in a cut & paste or other creative endeavor. I love Christmas trees. Since I haven't decorated one in years, I seem to find myself designing artistic interpretations every year which allow for just as much freedom of expression, maybe even more, as trimming a tree. This December was no exception, offering me an escape when I needed to take a moment.



Once I made and photographed the original concept, it was time for a touch of creative license and with just a bit of editing, wella!




Making trees brings back memories of grammar school art class when green and red construction paper for a tree and ornaments, maybe some yellow for garland and a star were distributed every December; how very limited. The holiday season is a rainbow of colors and moods. Though I always incorporate a smattering of traditional tones as I work, use of the full spectrum and a wide variety of materials reflects how I feel the spirit of the season. This year, the diversion of selecting and pairing papers that unfolded into a delightful creation provided me with hours of good cheer. Turning it into a tree of plenty was a dose of much needed solace during this most wonderful time.


I’ve said this before, sometimes you have to get lost to find the way back to center and as you wander…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment