keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

awe


For many years now, I have read a daily inspirational passage each morning from any number of 365-day books collected over time. As 2014 ushered in, my instincts told me that this is a year of change, which prompted me to explore something different; a couple of books found their way to me that keep readers focused on one passage for an entire week or introduce a new lesson to add to the ones covered in weeks prior. I have kept a gratitude journal before, however when it came up in a reading, I decided to take myself deeper, seek things that I have never or not fully acknowledged before. Here are a few from the month of February …

• melodies of life
• the sound (sans sight) of a good surprise
• the final period on a good idea
• life stories with connecting threads
• passages that speak to my soul
• sound of a flock of wild geese landing in unison on a pond at dawn
• nature speak
• being the only driver on back roads traversing countryside that is new to me
• awakening, opening, releasing, beginning
• awe


That last one, finding gratitude in awe, was something I reflected on for awhile. Much like staying open to growth and continuing to learn no matter my age or what I know, moments when my eyes are wide with wonder, when I feel genuinely surprised in a good tingling goose-bump sort of way, and am just amazed beyond belief are quite energizing!



I love the feeling of awe, had never really stayed in its moment long enough to fully and completely taste, touch, see, hear, and smell it, let it work its magic on my spirit, imprint itself all over on my soul, give it a proper nod…have you? So next time awe is before you, settle yourself and…

keep your peepers open!®




PS…more photos taken at The Boar’s Head…my pre-dawn walk (I can still feel the exhilarating chill of that hushed morning) and time on my balcony presented many awe-some moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment