keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

flower power

The words “flower power” took on a new meaning the other day an hour or so after I plucked one luscious little hyacinth from a large arranged bouquet. Violet blue with a fat olive stem, it looked quite nice in the glass cylinder, was a perfect touch for my desk. So enamored was I with this tiny jewel, I got out my camera; my nose began to twitch. I snapped and wrinkled my nostrils…could it be? A potent perfume, bold without apology was taking over the air space in my office and yes, it was coming from my acquisition! As much as I hated to do so, I had to remove the offender from the immediate area placing it outside away from my door; it continued to grace the larger office space with not only its beauty but also with its natural fragrance. Even as I write and gaze upon the photographs, the heady scent of the hyacinth is still with me.


“Though she be but little, she is fierce” - Shakespeare.


Indeed, there is power in the small and I'm not just talking about flowers, so think about it, recognize and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment