keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

sunday snaps

A few weekends ago I started taking myself out for sunday snaps. No, not cookies but an outing where I head somewhere unplanned and find different subject matter to photograph (or should I say the subjects find me). The last couple of times I departed early in the morning, I forgot to check my or bring a back-up battery so I was limited to 30 minutes of shooting which was actually good since I have not been able to move about for long continuous periods because of my hip. In fact, I began sunday snaps as a way to ensure I would get out with my camera at least once a week until I’m able to resume mobility with ease.

Last Sunday, I woke up and decided I wanted to visit one of the monuments that has waterfalls. My desire to hear the splashing sound of water crashing onto stones led me to my destination; I roamed and shot many different things being careful to really listen with my eyes for what called to me when I saw the red light flash signaling a dying battery.

When I got home I was overly anxious to download for some reason and as I did, spirits surfaced beneath my fingers. Emotions burst forward as I edited, meanings from someplace deep surfaced. Here is a selection with titles which may help explain…

underground railroad 


not (in)visible


i am somebody


and still I rise


left or right?

I don’t know where I will go today so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment