keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

trains and boats and planes

Surgery is over, thankfully I am recovering. Though I will miss taking some sunday snaps today, I did take some last week a couple of days before my hip was replaced.

As I left the grocery store, I found myself turning off the highway to Haines Point, a strip of DC where one can see Washington, Maryland and Virginia and where I spent lots of time as a child. It was so pleasant to see the sail boats, watch the airplanes land and take off and, I almost missed trains traversing across old bridges; the Metro certainly was not part of the lay of the land when those structures were built.








The entire stop at the Point reminded me of a Dionne Warwick song hence the title of this blog. Have an enjoyable day and as for me, hip hip hooray…all puns intended!

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment