keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

conscious consistency


Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after having an experience with you becomes your trademark.
 - Jay Danzie

When I received the above quote in a daily inspirational email, the words and their meaning left a huge impression on me. It got me to thinking about the people whose paths I cross or who cross mine as I move through each day. I have never found it difficult to smile at a stranger so I am miffed when people I encounter on a daily basis walk past me and others as if we do not exist, can come into a room and not speak or say good morning. It’s hard for me to understand how someone can so miserably fail at a simple common courtesy while at the same time asking for support. I guess we just don’t always realize how what we say and do is received by others so caught up in self and our own agendas are we.

Each time I read this quote it serves as a reminder that sometimes the first impression, be it bad or good does not necessarily hold over time, that every time we see or talk to a person even if it’s for the hundredth time, we make a new impression. So as I close, the words conscious consistency resonates within me. It’s a concept, may we all begin to practice it and as you do…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment