keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

sweet


I love a good cupcake. Baked and Wired in Georgetown has a delectable selection of pure yumminess to choose from, mine was the Razmanian Devil, a sinfully delicious lemon delight with raspberry filling and a generous slathering of buttercreme frosting. Every mouthful of that cupcake with the tiny red heart felt like it was baked with love and as I was reviewing photos, suddenly my Grandmother came to mind for a few reasons. Though regular size cakes no longer tickle my fancy, she made a lemon one that made me smack my lips (and as I write, I remember that I also lingered in front of the Ménage à Trois, a chocolate version of the one I picked; my Grandma used to make us the cake of our choice for our birthdays and mine was always devils food). To some, Valentine’s Day is just another day, for me, it was my Grandmother’s birthday and the heart on the cupcake and oh, yeah, those hanging in the café trigger thoughts of how my Grandfather never failed to shower her with double love on her day.

Funny how the smallest things can evoke such big memories, speaking of which, each time I see this picture, it will spark thoughts of a pleasantly sweet way to end a day. Have a happy and...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment