keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

mirage?

So staying with the happiness is thing for another blog, I submit…

“Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”  - Nathaniel Hawthorne

I had a meeting at and subsequently toured one of the best kept secrets in Washington, DC this past week. I was in awe of the grounds filled with plants, trees, flowers, grass, water features and falls, paths both paved and dirt, trellis’s laced with florals, sculpture, a greenhouse, places to sit and so much more.  And sit I did at some point in a blue upright chair under an umbrella on a patio above the Japanese Garden overlooking a hill for sledding. I lost track of time and the world outside the gates. Quiet alighted upon me. A smile of contentment spread across my face settling me into serene comfort, my feet warming in the sun.

The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” – Richard Bach



























Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens is far from a mirage. It is live and in color, layer upon layer of lush textured land in the midst of an untamed metropolis in constant overflow. Being there instantly became a place where I can just be and so I will…often. Maybe you’ll see me sometime if you…

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment