keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 3, 2015

sattwa

An anxious mind cannot exist in a relaxed body. - Edmund Jacobson

Last Sunday, I played tourist in my own city popping into several galleries as I moved from one part of town to another via taxi. I actually had a really good weekend which eased me into the work week seamlessly. If anyone had said I would be in class this Saturday and Sunday, I would not have believed them but here I am; blame it on the Wednesday email for leading me to a 40 hour training class that started on Thursday. Upon completion, the time spent over this five day period will certify me to teach Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra http://jenniferreisyoga.com/, a deep relaxation guided meditation practiced either reclining on a mat or seated in a chair that I believed would be beneficial to a specific group of patients I am developing a treatment plan for. Now that I have gone through three days, I know for sure that I was right.

Yesterday morning I was beyond agitated as we settled down on the mats and the session began, a feeling I had not experienced on Thursday or Friday. I could barely stay focused on the voice of the instructor as my temples pulsed and I felt like blood was rushing through my body up to my head. At that point, all I wanted to do was leave. Session over, lunch came and went and then, oh dread we were back on the mats! Once again, I heard my heart beating in my ears but then came a wave of calm so subtle that I didn’t know when the pounding ended and the floating began. All I know is I was no longer anxious, my body was totally relaxed, I was blissful and the rest of the session was beautiful.

I can’t wait to see what happens today, tomorrow and beyond, so...

keep your peepers open!®

ps – sattwa is energy in balance and harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment