keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

wonderlights

Water, be it the waves of an opalescent ocean, tiny white snowflakes, fat drops of splashing rain, in a tub filled with bubbles, or simply infused with lemon in a tall glass, fuels my creativity. So when I arrive upon a garden that has just been watered, a magic spell comes over me. The wet beaded iridescent jewels shining along the path turn my walk into a private fairyland where I feel like a princess on a mission to capture light reflected in and through thousands of droplets suspended from and attached to petals of every shape, size and tone. Taking in all that sparkle gives me a delighted rush that I hope translates through the picture; I never grow tired of trying to capture a perfectly clear crystal of water hanging in wait.


 





When I look at these photos, I want to be like Alice, shrinking down until I can stand beneath any of these flowers waiting for them to let go of their beads to form a crown for this princess in her moment, the beads then bursting to release a cleansing shower of light washing me with wonder. Now that’s a feeling that when l close my eyes to imagine, makes me shimmer.


You can find light in unusual places if you…

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment