keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

slow mo'

Had to do a quick run to the Whole Foods after my morning walk. I was so busy rushing to get back home to attend to the next thing on my list, that I almost missed a magazine I had never seen before. Something about its simple cover made me slow my pace to take a look; I like a fresh copy devoid of any blemishes, torn pages, or tattered covers so I left it behind only to call Barnes and Noble who located one for me. “Kinfolk is a slow lifestyle magazine…(that) explores ways for readers to simplify their lives, cultivate community and spend more time with friends and family.” Those words, found just inside the cover, are an affirmation of so much that I have been saying lately though it was much needed for me to see them at that moment.

New to me, Kinfolk has been around since 2011 but, I like stumbling onto things I’ve never seen before that when it’s time, they arrive and they are right on point. I didn’t know there was such a thing as the “slow life” style or maybe I did, just didn’t know it was a movement with a magazine dedicated to it. I look forward to reading the articles to see just how much I’m already in step with slowing it down in a city that is rapidly changing and moving fast, so…

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment