keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

the hill

Last week I graduated into totally restored walk life when I headed down a hill that once at the bottom, the only way to get back to the top was for me to walk back up. Later, though not at all planned, I hiked down a slightly slippery grass slope maintaining my balance the entire way. I decided right then that I was ready to put hill walking back on the weekly circuit so yesterday, I directed my steps to Capitol Hill, a path I have not taken for over 2 years.
















Some things had changed, others remained the same, yet every single thing was seen as if it was for the first time. As I headed home feeling triumphant I detoured so I could spend a few moments outside the Botanic Gardens. Couldn’t resist sitting down to reflect on the walk, take in the surroundings and feel so very grateful that with each step, I am moving forward in more ways than one.

Are you going my way? You’ll have to keep up and…

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment