keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

up next fresh

I know that sleeping with the TV on is supposed to be disruptive but for me (and so many people in my immediate family and some of my friends), it helps me to drift off. One evening as I settled on something to watch that would eventually "watch me", I heard a character ask another about his first mission in space, if he was ready to go back. Yes, it was exciting, more than he imagined yet he now felt that he had "done that" and was ready to do the next thing; that going back up was "going back" not moving forward. That scene lasted maybe 3 minutes. I went to sleep understanding why I keep making then subsequently canceling a reservation to stay at a fabulous spa that I went to last year, why I have yet to return to that cozy modern bed and breakfast within walking distance to a beach full of shells, why I get antsy when I'm in the same place too long and maybe why I have to satisfy several not just one of my creative gifts. Even when I taste a dish for the first time and it lights ups my palette, I know that though I want to eat it again, it will never taste as good.

I am open to receive the new and what's next...those words spoke to me during a recent morning meditation. I like the fresh excitement that comes with the unknown that a new experience offers. Of course I return to places I have been before, order the same dish each time I go back to my favorite restaurants; as
Sade sings in one of her songs, it's never as good as the first time.

Oh, and for those who are still stuck on the fact that TV is not good for sleep, relax. Fortunately, I am able to set a timer; the TV turns itself off after 90 minutes or less long after I've arrived in dreamland. And though it's counter to this brief chat that included talk about sleeping...

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment