keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

all we need is

A heart is not judged by how much you love,
but how much you are loved by others. - The Wizard (of Oz)

Last evening, I happened by a movie that holds a big place in my heart just as the Tin Man (my favorite) was getting his. For some reason, when the line quoted above was spoken, my heart thumped causing me to get up and write the words down though I have heard them hundreds of times in my lifetime (been watching The Wizard of Oz forever!). Perhaps the indifference to human life that is playing out here and around the world got me to thinking about how much we need more hearts filled with love, hearts that love so much that the thought of doing harm to another be it in the home, on the street, domestic, international or by terrorist is not a thought at all. Hearts that, if someone stepped to with a message of hate, would not be swayed because all it knows, understands and gives is love. I wonder if those who are consumed with a force that allows them to easily disrespect life have ever known love, been loved by anyone, loved anyone, love themselves. Not naïve, I just wonder.

During this season of, love is what we need. Share it, spread it, ask (a Higher Power, others, or if you don’t believe, the Wizard) for it and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment