keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 27, 2015

effortless

Had to make a run to the airport early Christmas morning and was a bit shocked at the heavy fog that greeted me when I skipped out the door. Already knew it was going to be in the high 60’s temperature-wise, just didn’t expect that it would be somewhat difficult to see down the street. But I embraced the weather and decided to head down to the wharf to capture the mood which was far from gloomy in my eyes…









So it wasn’t a white Christmas here in DC; knowing it was somewhere else made me smile, moving around my neighborhood (where almost nothing was stirring during the hour I was shooting) in sneakers, T-shirt, a red sweater and a foggy cocoon had a Christmas magic I’ve not experienced before. Throughout the day, I kept thinking that it didn’t feel like a Friday or any specific day of the week for that matter. It was a day not to be defined or labeled just lived effortlessly and I did just that, embracing each moment with a joyful contentment, floating from one moment to the next without question ‘til I fell asleep. It was a gift created just for me.

Take a day and just let the moments unfold as they should, no expectations, without force and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment